OWNx.com
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Old Board Got Buggered
(09-20-2016, 09:53 PM)DaveGillie Wrote:
(09-20-2016, 09:24 PM)Herring Wrote: Are you going to add Isambard Brunel as your avatar again?

am I the ONLY one not ashamed to use my OWN picture of ME???

Nope, that's my mug smilin' at ya.
(09-21-2016, 10:22 PM)brunt Wrote:
(09-20-2016, 09:24 PM)Herring Wrote: Are you going to add Isambard Brunel as your avatar again?

Nope, that's my mug smilin' at ya.

CooL! should've figured - another self secure, non paranoid, rational poster
(09-19-2016, 02:28 PM)StingingNettle Wrote: Sorry everyone.  

The message board needed a config file change which is why it was down.  

Everything should be OK now.

(09-19-2016, 03:04 AM)aqua Wrote: [Image: php.gif]https://s3.amazonaws.com/lowres.cartoonstock.com/social-issues-breath-breathe-breathed-bad_breaths-canaries-jmp051111_low.jpg
[Image: php.gif]

Confused Uhmmmm.....no.....that isn't right.

Lol.  OK.  I'll see what I can do.

[Image: 34594813.jpg]

I got the hang of it now. Big Grin

[Image: social-issues-breath-breathe-breathed-ba...11_low.jpg]

It's not that I'm ashamed, it's that I'm paranoid.  While I'd be happy for you and most of the others I interact with on here to know what I look like, you never know who's going to show up someday.  And who's lurking, recording our conversations for whatever purpose.

I don't want to encourage paranoia; the discussions on here are very valuable, IMO.  I just don't feel that adding my photo adds any value to what I have to say, and might possibly make me less willing to share (i.e. start self-censoring, at least slightly).
Guns don't kill people, the government does.
(09-22-2016, 04:02 PM)Herring Wrote:

It's not that I'm ashamed, it's that I'm paranoid.  While I'd be happy for you and most of the others I interact with on here to know what I look like, you never know who's going to show up someday.  And who's lurking, recording our conversations for whatever purpose.

I don't want to encourage paranoia; the discussions on here are very valuable, IMO.  I just don't feel that adding my photo adds any value to what I have to say, and might possibly make me less willing to share (i.e. start self-censoring, at least slightly).

GOOD POINT Herring,

I'm so public a person it doesn't much matter for me

HOWEVER, I DO find myself self censoring sometimes

sorta jealous of how outspoken Matlock feels free to be

finally though, I'm not sure how much difference a picture makes to all this though
The new board seems to have attracted an increased number of spam-posters. I wonder why?
Guns don't kill people, the government does.
(09-22-2016, 04:27 PM)Herring Wrote: The new board seems to have attracted an increased number of spam-posters.  I wonder why?

Looks like LorenzoJef has spammed up an ENTIRE PAGE in the Welcome Section.

Makes it more than merely annoying to try to find legitimate posts..........
"Sooner or later everyone sits down to a banquet of consequences."  -- RLStevenson
(09-22-2016, 06:40 PM)diverdown Wrote:
(09-22-2016, 04:27 PM)Herring Wrote: The new board seems to have attracted an increased number of spam-posters.  I wonder why?

Yeah, I got that cleared up. The spambot made it in before I changed the security questions. Should be OK now.
(09-22-2016, 10:47 PM)StingingNettle Wrote:
(09-22-2016, 06:40 PM)diverdown Wrote:

Yeah, I got that cleared up. The spambot made it in before I changed the security questions.  Should be OK now.

Many Thanks yet again, Stingeroo....

I've noticed that ALL of the threads in this section were placed here since the only alternatives were either 'Politics' or 'Money & Investing';
ergo, default choice at the time.

Now that you've added 'Miscellaneous' perhaps they should all be moved to there.

I can't even begin to imagine the amount of effort that you've put it in on this board, establishing it and keeping it up and running.

And clean & neat.

I am most appreciative.  Truly.

Best Regards,

diverdown
"Sooner or later everyone sits down to a banquet of consequences."  -- RLStevenson
Wow, another tsunami hit the board. Should try building it on higher ground.. mason is a random name from a name generator. I'm sure my posts will ID me soon enough, if this one hasn't already. Thanks for keeping the forum going SN.