OWNx.com
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Old Board Got Buggered
no worries gentlemen. it's all upstairs, as clear as ever .................

exception is taken to jr. member status ,,,,,,,,,,,,
i'm feeling ............ full fledged .......................
Glad to see it is back up.

Thanks.

(09-18-2016, 03:56 PM)StingingAdmin Wrote: The old phpbb board was getting worse and worse. It looked like the final straw was the data base got upgraded on the back end by the host and the hash for storing passwords needed to be more complex. So, I would end up having to go through all the hashes in the db and try and reset peoples passwords one by one then email everyone individually. .....

Soooooo......how do we start a new thread ? ? Undecided

How about importing pictures, cartoons, etc  etc etc ?

[image] https://s3.amazonaws.com/lowres.cartoons...11_low.jpg [image]
[Image: php.gif]https://s3.amazonaws.com/lowres.cartoonstock.com/social-issues-breath-breathe-breathed-bad_breaths-canaries-jmp051111_low.jpg
[Image: php.gif]

Confused Uhmmmm.....no.....that isn't right.
Sorry everyone.  

The message board needed a config file change which is why it was down.  

Everything should be OK now.

(09-19-2016, 03:04 AM)aqua Wrote: [Image: php.gif]https://s3.amazonaws.com/lowres.cartoonstock.com/social-issues-breath-breathe-breathed-bad_breaths-canaries-jmp051111_low.jpg

Lol.  OK.  I'll see what I can do.

[Image: 34594813.jpg]

Nice new look and feel SN.

Thanks for all the hard work!
[img]<a data-flickr-embed=[/img][Image: 29790766105_e89f401cfd_b.jpg]" />

(09-19-2016, 02:28 PM)StingingNettle Wrote: Sorry everyone.  

The message board needed a config file change which is why it was down.  

Everything should be OK now.

(09-19-2016, 03:04 AM)aqua Wrote: [Image: php.gif]https://s3.amazonaws.com/lowres.cartoonstock.com/social-issues-breath-breathe-breathed-bad_breaths-canaries-jmp051111_low.jpg

Lol.  OK.  I'll see what I can do.

[Image: 34594813.jpg]

(09-19-2016, 02:36 PM)tdogg Wrote: Nice new look and feel SN.

Thanks for all the hard work!

Thanks for bearing with me! Some things are differently going to take some getting used to, but I think I like it!

(09-18-2016, 08:46 PM)DaveGillie Wrote: Thanks Much SN!

We appreciate this forum and your work.

Might be neat to publish the old forum as an EBOOK?
if you can salvage a workable database of it,
When we lost the original DR forum it seemed a shame back then that so much "knowledge" was lost! (and I use the word loosely).

Oh, yeah. I agree! Maybe I can post the info somewhere while removing peoples email addresses so it can be searched and indexed.
Thanks for your time and efforts, SN. I would miss Tao if you had got fed up with the hassles and just said to hell with it. My only real reservation about the new board is that I am too damned old to be called junior.
“More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.” – Woody Allen

(09-19-2016, 03:17 PM)Innocynic Wrote: Thanks for your time and efforts, SN.  I would miss Tao if you had got fed up with the hassles and just said to hell with it.  My only real reservation about the new board is that I am too damned old to be called junior.

[Image: k8CHLXx.gif]
[Image: YIR1expandedcolor.png?1450661693]Test post.
In the "User CP" (control panel), if you click on Edit Options, there is a checkbox for "Display posts in classic mode."  It is unchecked by default.  If you check it, the board looks a bit more like the old board.  I find I prefer it that way.

Thanks for keeping us online, SN!
Guns don't kill people, the government does.