OWNx.com
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A MAN OF MY STATION AND REPUTATION
Oh it wasnt that rash, it is worse... Confused she still lives... Cool
But then, I love my sister even if shes a greedy lil shitass!
THERE WAS A CLEANIN OF THE HOUSE, AND SETTELIN OF ACCOUNTS WHAT WENT DOWN OVER THE PAST COUPLE  MONTHS.
ITS BEEN A WHILE COMIN, SINCE THE DEATH OF MY OLDEST SPINSTER SISTER A FEW YEARS BACK...
SOMETIMES AN IN-LAW ASSUMES TO GODDAMNED MUCH AND OVERSTEPS THIER BOUNDRY AND AFTER A FEW WARNINGS YOU GOT TO JAP-SLAP A MOUTHY, SCHEMEIN SNEEKY TRATIORUS BASTARD SOWIN DISCORD IN THE FAMILY...
FAMILY LOYALTY IS NOT EVERYTHING..... IT IS THE ONLY GODDAMNED THING!

A GREEDY SHORT SIGHTED REBELIOUS SISTER AND A CHICKENSHIT CON-JOB OF A HUSBAND ARE A FUCKING BAIN ON MY RULE. Dodgy

[Image: 863_160.jpg]
Ya know, all me life I've prided meself on the fact that I've refused to be a greedy or stingy person.
Yes I make money, Yes I like to cut a good deal, Yes I like to make a profit...
But it is never about the hoarding up of the money for monies sake, or usin it to lord over someone or engrandise myself.
Hell, if ya aint gonna spend it, use it, or put it to work doing some good somewhere, why the fuck have it to start with?
I've never understood those who are miserly, greedy, or stingy, they never take it with em'.
I live a very humble life out on the farm, theres no flash nor flair here with me. I have no need to "be seen" as someone of means.
If you know me, you know me, I'm the same person everywhere I go and I put on no aires in public. I'f I see you, i'm going to speak to you and aknowelege you, no matter who I might be with regardless of your or thier social strata.
I wont turn a blind eye, or ignore anyone because of "what it might look like" to others... Thats thier problem not mine.
That shit is for the insecure, elitist, snobbish, and paper-tiger posers...
23Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven. 24Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.”
25When the disciples heard this, they were greatly astonished and asked, “Who then can be saved?”
26Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

Matthew 19  New International Version

Now in Greek, the primary language of the Gospel, the word for camel is (depending on how it’s transliterated) kamilon. But Burgess argued (and he is one of many who have) that since the word for rope, kamiilon, is essentially a homophone, the passage actually makes more sense if Jesus is telling his fisherman followers, in whose former trade cords and nets played such a prominent role, to imagine trying to thread a thick, nautical rope through a needle’s eye.

[Image: www.thecatholicthing.org_images_rope.jpg]

Others argue that the camel, the largest thing around, made for vivid imagery: big beast, tiny opening. Still others say there was once an actual gate in Jerusalem’s wall called Needle’s Eye. Other ancient cities had such narrow, low-lintel passageways designed to be the only ones left open late and requiring travelers to dismount, unburden their camels, and squeeze through. A security measure. But no archaeological evidence exists to indicate that Jerusalem ever had a Needle’s Eye. More than that, there’s support for the “rope” hypothesis in Aramaic, the language Jesus spoke most of the time, in which the words for camel and rope are the same: gml. (As in Hebrew, there are no written vowels in Aramaic.)

https://www.thecatholicthing.org/2010/01...l-or-rope/
I HAVE NEVER "SERVED OR WORSHIPED MAMMON" I LEAVE THAT CORRUPTION & BUSINESS TO THE PHARISEE & MONEY-CHANGER.
THAT SAID, ANY MAN WHO LETS HIMSELF FALL TO POVERTY OR IGNORENCE INSULTS HIS "GOD", HIS FAMILY, HIS FRIENDS, AND HIS NATION...
FOR A IMPOVERISHED & IGNORENT MAN CAN HELP NOTHING, EVEN HIMSELF AND IS A BURDEN AND BANE UPON ALL WHO KNOW HIM...
IT IS A MANS FIRST DUTY TO NOT BE POOR.
(01-14-2017, 10:53 PM)matlock Wrote: ........
THAT SAID, ANY MAN WHO LETS HIMSELF FALL TO POVERTY OR IGNORENCE INSULTS HIS "GOD", HIS FAMILY, HIS FRIENDS, AND HIS NATION...
FOR A IMPOVERISHED  & IGNORENT MAN CAN HELP NOTHING, EVEN HIMSELF AND IS A BURDEN AND BANE UPON ALL WHO KNOW HIM...
IT IS A MANS FIRST DUTY TO NOT BE POOR.
I have often made the statement that I could take any man who speaks english and has the will to listen and emplament what I teach him residing anyplace in America, and in 40 days move him up in his station and strata in life personally & financially from a difference of night to noon-day...
No body will hardly take me up on it though, and the few that did could not break thier bad habits and mental barriers long enough for it to take root and produce a quality result before they bailed or backslid.

A goddamn shame it is too.
People have a complusion to at the moment of breakthrough to sit down to rest, and in resting snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
(01-15-2017, 01:05 AM)matlock Wrote: I have often made the statement that I could take any man who speaks english and has the will to listen and emplament what I teach him residing anyplace in America, and in 40 days move him up in his station and strata in life personally & financially from a difference of night to noon-day...
No body will hardly take me up on it though, and the few that did could not break thier bad habits and mental barriers long enough for it to take root and produce a quality result before they bailed or backslid.

A goddamn shame it is too.
People have a complusion to at the moment of breakthrough to sit down to rest, and in resting snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

amazing,

I could have wrote that - darn near EXACTLY!!!

BUT FOR, I HAVE seen more than a few take me up on it and be quite successful. (of the zillions who have asked, tried and failed - usually by not starting) Engineer, Preacher and many Business Owners etc

then I'm a lot older than you too-

oh AND, don't be so pessimistic about "nobody hardly will take me up on it"
many to most of the success stories I've heard, are from long gone X employees who decades(s) later come back or call to thank me - or I just run into by accident later. it's a fantastic feeling - and you never know who it might be, the last call I got was a scummy ghetto black kid who did dishes, he was respectful and listened a lot though (I didn't hardly notice that at the time - but I did remember him) 30 years later he called me to thank me for giving him the skills to now own a successful construction company in Atlanta.

lesson???  Treat EVERYONE good and FAIR. till they earn other
YES! IT IS QUITE FULLFILLING TO HEAR FROM SOMEONE WHO WORKED FOR YOU OR THAT YOU'VE KNOWN TO COME AND TELL YOU ABOUT THE POSITIVE INFLUENCE YOU'VE HAD IN THIER LIFE...
A LOT OF TIMES YOU THINK THEY AINT LISTENING WHEN IN FACT WHAT YOU'VE SHARED AND SAID "STICKS WITH THEM"
IF ONLY 51, BUT I TELL YA I'VE PACKED A LOT OF DAMN LIVIN AND HARD LESSONS INTO THAT NUMBER...
NOW AS I LOOK FORWORD, ITS ABOUT SHARING AND HELPING OTHERS AVOID SOME MISTAKES, AND GET AHEAD IN THE GAME.
A beautiful Sunday mornin here, busted up early round 5:00 am and let the pups out, had me barefoot walk in the grass before coffee out on the back deck. There is a sense of normalcy and steadiness to be had in daily ritual & routine.
It grounds you, and sets a pace n standard for you. It gives you a mental bedrock to build upon as you lay out your days tasks.
Well, it does for me anyway. Wink