OWNx.com
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wuhan Coronavirus - anyone concerned??
(01-29-2020, 10:02 PM)DaveGillie Wrote: NEW Anecdote:

SO I write in our Restaurant's Manager Log book,
"considering the hype over the Coronavirus scare, please make sure customers SEE you being extra careful about sanitation like using Lysol, hand sanitizer, gloves ETC".

One of my main managers (my son) comes in, reads log and says "what is CORO virus?"
stunned, I say the thing all over the news for a WEEK!

he says "really, they have a virus in their beer, that's my favorite brand"
(NO, he was NOT joking!!)
I explain everything to him and he still has no idea what I'm talking about, says he NEVER reads or listens to news.
I'm shocked and ask a nearby employee what it is, SHE Says SHE NEVER EVER listens to or reads news either,
TWO nearby employees volunteer the same is true for them and NO EMPLOYEE in the whole restaurants knows ANYTHING about this Coronavirus, even accuse me of making it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG, this explains a lot about a lot of other things too

He does have a point, sort of. A virus in my favorite beer really would be a tragedy.
Who gives a shit.

All I know is if this is legit and goes widespread, any bastard who sneezes or coughs anywhere near my property is going to get a special vaccine treatment called 338-Lapua. Instant cure.

Tongue
Next time, real ovens...
(01-30-2020, 05:11 PM)Klepht Wrote: Who gives a shit.

All I know is if this is legit and goes widespread, any bastard who sneezes or coughs anywhere near my property is going to get a special vaccine treatment called 338-Lapua. Instant cure.

Tongue

"Gesundheit!" BLAM!BLAM!BLAM! "God Bless You!"  Big Grin

I'm very concerned about what I 'm seeing so far with the death/recovery ratio, 171 to 143, so far death wins, if this rate keeps up ratio wise, this will far out Spanish flu the Spanish flu

Keeping in mind the figure in China are probably way off and not accurate
(01-30-2020, 06:46 AM)iamhe Wrote:
(01-30-2020, 06:08 AM)andrew_o Wrote: Already the authorities are doing things to make people think they're doing something when they're not.

1. like checking temperatures of people getting off planes. Since the thing is infectious for TWO WEEKS before any symptoms are evident, what's the point of checking temperatures? In due course we will find that tens of thousands of people have crossed borders with undetected infections.

2. Masks - are totally useless. Most of those seen on TV are actually dust masks and few are sealed around the edges of the mask. Viruses are picked up on anything we touch. Elevator buttons, public transport hand holds, stair rails, shopping trolleys etc.

Mask and gloves may help prevent the spread of it, not prevent you from getting as much as not giving it to someone, in a similar way that surgeons use masks not to protect themselves but to protect the patient form their germs.

However something that is "wet eye" spreadable may require full on hazmat to REALLY give one a fighting chance.

I've heard deep military safe room bunkers for the higher ups have been activated. Again, this is not a "bat food" virus, this is engineered military grade shit.

If I recall masks reduce transmission rates if wetting with a potassium permanganate solution.
(01-30-2020, 05:11 PM)Klepht Wrote: Who gives a shit.

Tongue

Thx, I'm crossing you off my list, cough, cough.
Monty Python: “There are a great many people in the country today, who through no fault of their own, are sane.”
(01-30-2020, 07:06 PM)andrew_o Wrote: If I recall masks reduce transmission rates if wetting with a potassium permanganate solution.

I wonder if that is due to the metal manganese?

I suppose colloidal silver solution is too expensive to use?

Wikipedia says that potassium permanganate can irritate the lungs, which is the last thing you want to do with a virus that can cause pneumonia.

The main danger seems to be to the very old and anyone with susceptibility to pneumonia, and very young babies. I fear that the quarantining could cause some people to run out of food and enough vitamin C to have a good immune system, and that doctors are being overworked which isn't good for their immune systems. There is a news story that somebody seriously beat up doctors working day and night, and ripped their hazmat suits because their elderly relative died of coronavirus.
water can irritate the lungs

Wuhan virus: WHO declares China virus outbreak an international emergency

GENEVA (REUTERS) - The World Health Organisation declared on Thursday (Jan 30) that the coronavirus epidemic in China now constitutes a public health emergency of international concern.
Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO director-general, announced the decision after a meeting of its Emergency Committee, an independent panel of experts, amid mounting evidence of the virus spreading to some 18 countries.
I wasn't impressed by what I listened to of the WHO. No re-assurance given about the people stuck in Wuhan or other Chinese cities, under quarantine with nobody making sure that everyone has access to food, medicine and other necessities. People are trapped in their apartments, they can't run their businesses.

Flu-like viruses are more serious in cold climates, I doubt countries like Australia have the climate for coronavirus to spread much beyond those who caught it in China.
(01-30-2020, 08:37 PM)silverfish Wrote: I wasn't impressed by what I listened to of the WHO.  No re-assurance given about the people stuck in Wuhan or other Chinese cities, under quarantine with nobody making sure that everyone has access to food, medicine and other necessities.  People are trapped in their apartments, they can't run their businesses.  

Flu-like viruses are more serious in cold climates, I doubt countries like Australia have the climate for coronavirus to spread much beyond those who caught it in China.

Viral agents are classified as "non living" therefore they are not really susceptible to basic environmental factors like temperature and climate.

Viruses function in both hot and cold, dry and wet. They can be burned, destroyed with chemicals and other forms of destruction, but in general really hot and really cold don't effect them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeRuFdgrwuY
Various nations organizing rescue planes to Wuhan. Seems a waste of time to me - the virus is coming to you and me regardless and when it comes we will be no better at managing than the Chinese.

First case identified in Auckland New Zealand. We're fully shopped and ready for the long haul.