{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Are You Listening To?
One of my favorite threads on any bb or forum.

Didn't see it here yet, so I'll start.

An oldie but a goodie:

Since I'm a Boomer, I'll dedicate this to all the Millennials:

"Sooner or later everyone sits down to a banquet of consequences."  -- RLStevenson
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
"Sooner or later everyone sits down to a banquet of consequences."  -- RLStevenson
Although my interest in music dates back to the 1960s, my sense of music is not atrophied
and fossilized to that era.

As in "The only music worth listening to predates Disco."

Don't think so.

Here's three from a band of relatively recent vintage:

I love anything by this guy, but his cover of "Come on back to the war" seems to touch the current Zeitgeist.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_qOjLtOHjU

The album cover I discovered recently is a photograph taken in bombed out Berlin at the end of the Second World War.
Video 
Anyone have a favorite music streaming app?

I have been using Pandora in my car, but their track selection weighting is beyond annoying.

I recently migrated to Spotify, but they seem to have a similar weighting to pandora's, like some music authority told them I want to hear one of 4 tracks from Disturbed's 150 track library in the first 2 minutes every time I log in. At least, unlike Pandora, they don't immediately locate another album with the same track after I kill it.

I'm now looking at Slacker which seems to have better options, but also has what might be the worst user interface I've ever seen. Think they hired the Windows 8 team to design it. Not sure I could use it safely in my car.