Tao Economics Forum
Regarding the Spam - Printable Version

+- Tao Economics Forum (http://taoeconomics.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Everything! (http://taoeconomics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Welcome (http://taoeconomics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Regarding the Spam (/showthread.php?tid=75)

Regarding the Spam - StingingAdmin - 09-22-2016

Sorry, there was a spambot that got through a couple of days ago before I made changes to the security questions.

The spam and account has been deleted.  I don't think there will be anymore, however I'll keep a watchful eye.

RE: Regarding the Spam - DaveGillie - 09-22-2016

(09-22-2016, 08:29 PM)StingingAdmin Wrote: Sorry, there was a spambot that got through a couple of days ago before I made changes to the security questions.

The spam and account has been deleted.  I don't think there will be anymore, however I'll keep a watchful eye.

No problem, we appreciate your effort,

no forum is perfect keeping spam out,

I got the impression it was a spam person rather than a BOT though,
bots I can understand, they're basically free,
but people who do this, ya gotta wonder how badly they value their life/time!!!!

RE: Regarding the Spam - silverfish - 09-22-2016

(09-22-2016, 08:29 PM)StingingAdmin Wrote: Sorry, there was a spambot that got through a couple of days ago before I made changes to the security questions.

Is there any smilie or the like that we can use to label the spam posts with to alert you and other board users?  I actually noticed some of their names appearing before they posted, and if you look through the members list there might still be some there getting ready to post loads.  I know, until they actually post spam you don't know if they are genuine new members or old members using a new name.....

I just checked and there are some names on the members list, which may be genuine member and there have always been a lot of odd names on the members lists of these boards who never seem to post. 

I know, there is no way to know if they are genuine or not, and all the boards have always had a big sprinkling of these sort of odd names in their members lists.  Have to be really careful, as doubletroublejim, hunter and horseshoe are genuine old posters using a new names, they have posted genuine posts that are not spam.

RE: Regarding the Spam - StingingNettle - 09-22-2016

(09-22-2016, 08:55 PM)silverfish Wrote:

Is there any smilie or the like that we can use to label the spam posts with to alert you and other board users?  I actually noticed some of their names appearing before they posted, and if you look through the members list there might still be some there getting ready to post loads.  I know, until they actually post spam you don't know if they are genuine new members or old members using a new name.....

Thanks silverfish. I just went through and cleaned the accounts with sketchy IP addresses that have not posted. I think we should be OK. Feel free to PM me if another pops up.

RE: Regarding the Spam - matlock - 09-23-2016

WHEN YA FIND EM...KILL EM!
DAMN A BOT!
DAMN A BOT TO THE DEEPEST PIT IN HEEEEEEEEELL!

RE: Regarding the Spam - DaveGillie - 09-23-2016

(09-23-2016, 08:16 PM)matlock Wrote: WHEN YA FIND EM...KILL EM!
DAMN A BOT!
DAMN A BOT TO THE DEEPEST PIT IN HEEEEEEEEELL!

I think we should save that deepest pit space

for those who create and spread VIRUS Trojans and ransomware!!!

THAT is where REAL damage happens