Tao Economics Forum

Full Version: Trump Bail Out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looks like Trump will be one of those bailed out by the $2 Trillion stimulus.

"According to the Swamptastic provisions of the bailout bill, small businesses aren’t just those with under 500 employees (as is the traditional definition). A specific exception has been made for some specific grifters in government who own hotels and restaurants:

Per NYT:
“… on Page 15 of the bill, there is a section with the title “Business Concerns With More Than 1 Physical Location.” It says this change in federal law will apply to companies that fit “a North American Industry Classification System code beginning with 72” — a reference that turns out to mean the hotel and restaurant industry.

The provision says that if a company owns multiple hotels, even if the overall hotel or restaurant chain has more than 500 employees — the limit to qualify for treatment as a small business — it will still be able to take advantage of the small-business benefits offered in the rescue package.

That means loans from the federal government worth up to 2.5 times the firm’s monthly payroll that will not have to be repaid if the company uses them to keep paying employees during any coronavirus shutdowns.”

https://wolfstreet.com/2020/03/26/a-word...t-appears/
Hey Aqua, kill yourself faggot. Do America a favor!
(03-27-2020, 02:40 AM)oly2059 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Aqua, kill yourself faggot.  Do America a favor!

You first Ollie. Smile 

Show us how it is done.
It's unfair how Trump's businesses will benefit from the package because none of the Democrats own or have ever been in business.
(03-27-2020, 07:05 PM)andrew_o Wrote: [ -> ]It's unfair how Trump's businesses will benefit from the package because none of the Democrats own or have ever been in business.

You know that how ?

Do you think it ethical for politicians to vote  themselves bailouts and subsidies from the public tax payers ?
I'm not sure, but I think the bail out bill was written to exclude Trump's Hotels, which would be very severe for them.
(03-27-2020, 08:50 PM)doubletroublejim Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure, but I think the bail out bill was written to exclude Trump's Hotels, which would be very severe for them.

I have heard the Dems added something to that effect.  But who knows how many loopholes are in that bill ?

Should corporations that mostly operate over seas also be bailed out ?  Cruse lines come to mind here.  A US headquarters, but ships flying foreign flags and staffed with 3rd world crews ?

There are a good many unanswered questions.  But it does sound like US citizens will get about 15¢ of each dollar that was appropriated for the bailouts.
(03-27-2020, 07:13 PM)aqua Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-27-2020, 07:05 PM)andrew_o Wrote: [ -> ]It's unfair how Trump's businesses will benefit from the package because none of the Democrats own or have ever been in business.

You know that how ?

Do you think it ethical for politicians to vote  themselves bailouts and subsidies from the public tax payers ?

Two points:

1. He didn't vote for it. He just signed what was presented to him

2. It's OK if a rule is applied right across the economy without any additional favour for him