Tao Economics Forum

Full Version: Wuhan Coronavirus - anyone concerned??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Quote:First Wuhan Coronavirus Case in the U.S.

seems like they warn and scare way too often,
I'm just shrugging it off,
my 13yo son is a bit paranoid,
my wife is currently immuno compromised but won't stay home or be extra careful - bummer

Several people told me today our local Hospitals are on HIGH ALERT,
with signs and questionings
It's not as severe as SARS and so far has only affected people with poor health. Lots of people die from flu related viruses and it doesn't make the news.

Between 291,000 and 646,000 people die each year globally from seasonal influenza-related respiratory illnesses, according to new estimates from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and global health partners.
I dunno I think as long as there's enough limes we'll be ok, funny thing is I thought the Corona virus came from Mexico
I just shrugged it off too. It sounds like another bird flu, and the mortality rate is probably lower than influenza.

Maybe it is thanks to the preventative actions of the authorities that these viruses always fizzle out without becoming major epidemics.

I felt sorry for the poor guy at the Chinese airport who was put alive in a plastic coffin so nobody else caught it from him.

There are a thousand other things I worry about rather than this Wuhan Coronavirus or Bird Flu.
crazy thought,

considering new disease causing virus, like this one, have most always originate from animals

I wonder if in the future when plant based meats, lab meats and "flour directly from air/water"
eliminate the need for most Livestock in the world,

IF there won't be a time when dangerous Flu because very rare...........
On the other hand it could be a deepstate plot to kill us all off with a contact based viral pathogen!!!
If the Authorities in China have felt the need to completely isolate Wuhan then you know it's no joke.

Bugs like this can easily overwhelm our medical capabilities.
SARS had a fatality rate of around 15% but 50% for older people. This thing appears to be lower than that but don't underestimate the effects if it got out. Just for starters it could be devastating economically. It could interrupt services

I am watching it very closely and almost at the point of stocking up on food and (more) fine wines.

If there's going to be a stampede for food, I want to be at the front of the queue.
60% increase in fatalities....whoopsie, sound pretty deepstate all of sudden, this could be the big one we've been waiting and hoping for all these years...let the random cleansing begin....I like to think of viral agents as aliens that have come to kill us, could be me, could be you, your ass your face, virus don't give a phuck
(01-25-2020, 01:13 AM)iamhe Wrote: [ -> ]60% increase in fatalities....whoopsie, sound pretty deepstate all of sudden, this could be the big one we've been waiting and hoping for all these years...let the random cleansing begin SHEESHH iamhe, there is nothing random about Coronavirus!!....I like to think of viral agents as aliens that have come to kill us, could be me, could be you, your ass your face, virus don't give a phuck

where'd you get that "60% increase" from??

I don't see the deepstate connection yet either. you have some other info or source?

and so far I'm doubting this is "the big one". 

I actually know a genius type of technician in a big CDC infectious disease testing lab, he doesn't seem too concerned by it claiming the mode of transmission is just too "physical" and easy to avoid. what DID catch my attention was when he followed up with "but you should see a few of these OTHER diseases we've been getting in lately, THEY ARE scary".
sent chills thru me!!

(01-25-2020, 01:13 AM)iamhe Wrote: [ -> ]...............I like to think of viral agents as aliens that have come to kill us, could be me, could be you, your ass your face, virus don't give a phuck

OR it could be as this Sci Fi book says

Quote:"aliens purposely gave us a virus to kill the dumb ones of us only"
"simple hand washing kept you safe - some didn't figure that out.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6713...ree-or-die

and btw, did you notice that so far, this new Coronavirus has only been fatal to old and sick?
and so far it seems to stop spreading once it gets out of dirty China
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16